How to have a variable as key when using mongoose [duplicate]












0
















This question already has an answer here:




  • Associative array with mongoose schema?

    2 answers



  • Mongoose variable key name

    4 answers



  • How to use mongoose model schema with dynamic keys?

    1 answer




I am fetching a document that has an id that I am in position of.
For example the db has this kind of schema:



"id1": {
...
}



"id2": {
...
}



I am running a for over the json and data[i].address is id + i,
I want to update every key and value that are inside these id's but I can't use a variable as a key for mongoose, it throws an error.
Any trick to doing that?










share|improve this question













marked as duplicate by Neil Lunn javascript
Users with the  javascript badge can single-handedly close javascript questions as duplicates and reopen them as needed.

StackExchange.ready(function() {
if (StackExchange.options.isMobile) return;

$('.dupe-hammer-message-hover:not(.hover-bound)').each(function() {
var $hover = $(this).addClass('hover-bound'),
$msg = $hover.siblings('.dupe-hammer-message');

$hover.hover(
function() {
$hover.showInfoMessage('', {
messageElement: $msg.clone().show(),
transient: false,
position: { my: 'bottom left', at: 'top center', offsetTop: -7 },
dismissable: false,
relativeToBody: true
});
},
function() {
StackExchange.helpers.removeMessages();
}
);
});
});
Nov 20 '18 at 2:13


This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.
















  • If you mean "within another property" then that's typically Mixed but you should seriously consider a regular array of objects with fixed key names. If you mean at the document root, then that's the { strict: false } option as noted.

    – Neil Lunn
    Nov 20 '18 at 2:14


















0
















This question already has an answer here:




  • Associative array with mongoose schema?

    2 answers



  • Mongoose variable key name

    4 answers



  • How to use mongoose model schema with dynamic keys?

    1 answer




I am fetching a document that has an id that I am in position of.
For example the db has this kind of schema:



"id1": {
...
}



"id2": {
...
}



I am running a for over the json and data[i].address is id + i,
I want to update every key and value that are inside these id's but I can't use a variable as a key for mongoose, it throws an error.
Any trick to doing that?










share|improve this question













marked as duplicate by Neil Lunn javascript
Users with the  javascript badge can single-handedly close javascript questions as duplicates and reopen them as needed.

StackExchange.ready(function() {
if (StackExchange.options.isMobile) return;

$('.dupe-hammer-message-hover:not(.hover-bound)').each(function() {
var $hover = $(this).addClass('hover-bound'),
$msg = $hover.siblings('.dupe-hammer-message');

$hover.hover(
function() {
$hover.showInfoMessage('', {
messageElement: $msg.clone().show(),
transient: false,
position: { my: 'bottom left', at: 'top center', offsetTop: -7 },
dismissable: false,
relativeToBody: true
});
},
function() {
StackExchange.helpers.removeMessages();
}
);
});
});
Nov 20 '18 at 2:13


This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.
















  • If you mean "within another property" then that's typically Mixed but you should seriously consider a regular array of objects with fixed key names. If you mean at the document root, then that's the { strict: false } option as noted.

    – Neil Lunn
    Nov 20 '18 at 2:14
















0












0








0









This question already has an answer here:




  • Associative array with mongoose schema?

    2 answers



  • Mongoose variable key name

    4 answers



  • How to use mongoose model schema with dynamic keys?

    1 answer




I am fetching a document that has an id that I am in position of.
For example the db has this kind of schema:



"id1": {
...
}



"id2": {
...
}



I am running a for over the json and data[i].address is id + i,
I want to update every key and value that are inside these id's but I can't use a variable as a key for mongoose, it throws an error.
Any trick to doing that?










share|improve this question















This question already has an answer here:




  • Associative array with mongoose schema?

    2 answers



  • Mongoose variable key name

    4 answers



  • How to use mongoose model schema with dynamic keys?

    1 answer




I am fetching a document that has an id that I am in position of.
For example the db has this kind of schema:



"id1": {
...
}



"id2": {
...
}



I am running a for over the json and data[i].address is id + i,
I want to update every key and value that are inside these id's but I can't use a variable as a key for mongoose, it throws an error.
Any trick to doing that?





This question already has an answer here:




  • Associative array with mongoose schema?

    2 answers



  • Mongoose variable key name

    4 answers



  • How to use mongoose model schema with dynamic keys?

    1 answer








javascript node.js database mongodb mongoose






share|improve this question













share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Nov 20 '18 at 2:08









RandomizerRandomizer

9510




9510




marked as duplicate by Neil Lunn javascript
Users with the  javascript badge can single-handedly close javascript questions as duplicates and reopen them as needed.

StackExchange.ready(function() {
if (StackExchange.options.isMobile) return;

$('.dupe-hammer-message-hover:not(.hover-bound)').each(function() {
var $hover = $(this).addClass('hover-bound'),
$msg = $hover.siblings('.dupe-hammer-message');

$hover.hover(
function() {
$hover.showInfoMessage('', {
messageElement: $msg.clone().show(),
transient: false,
position: { my: 'bottom left', at: 'top center', offsetTop: -7 },
dismissable: false,
relativeToBody: true
});
},
function() {
StackExchange.helpers.removeMessages();
}
);
});
});
Nov 20 '18 at 2:13


This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.






marked as duplicate by Neil Lunn javascript
Users with the  javascript badge can single-handedly close javascript questions as duplicates and reopen them as needed.

StackExchange.ready(function() {
if (StackExchange.options.isMobile) return;

$('.dupe-hammer-message-hover:not(.hover-bound)').each(function() {
var $hover = $(this).addClass('hover-bound'),
$msg = $hover.siblings('.dupe-hammer-message');

$hover.hover(
function() {
$hover.showInfoMessage('', {
messageElement: $msg.clone().show(),
transient: false,
position: { my: 'bottom left', at: 'top center', offsetTop: -7 },
dismissable: false,
relativeToBody: true
});
},
function() {
StackExchange.helpers.removeMessages();
}
);
});
});
Nov 20 '18 at 2:13


This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.















  • If you mean "within another property" then that's typically Mixed but you should seriously consider a regular array of objects with fixed key names. If you mean at the document root, then that's the { strict: false } option as noted.

    – Neil Lunn
    Nov 20 '18 at 2:14





















  • If you mean "within another property" then that's typically Mixed but you should seriously consider a regular array of objects with fixed key names. If you mean at the document root, then that's the { strict: false } option as noted.

    – Neil Lunn
    Nov 20 '18 at 2:14



















If you mean "within another property" then that's typically Mixed but you should seriously consider a regular array of objects with fixed key names. If you mean at the document root, then that's the { strict: false } option as noted.

– Neil Lunn
Nov 20 '18 at 2:14







If you mean "within another property" then that's typically Mixed but you should seriously consider a regular array of objects with fixed key names. If you mean at the document root, then that's the { strict: false } option as noted.

– Neil Lunn
Nov 20 '18 at 2:14














0






active

oldest

votes

















0






active

oldest

votes








0






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes

Popular posts from this blog

Azure Devops hosted Ubuntu agent cancels build with edited hosts file

bold and italics in edittext

NPM command prompt closes immediately [closed]